ARE YOU INVOLVING THE SENIORS IN YOUR COMMUNITY IN PRISON MINISTRY?
HOW ARE THEY INVOLVED?
As part of our prison ministry we have a Letters Of Encouragment team. The inmates are given an opportunity to write prayer requests. Our church team prays over these precious prayer requests and writes back with encouraging scripture. We then remove the inmates names (for security and privacy) and copy them off to the local Senior Center each week.
I was invited to come in by the Senior Living Chaplain and give updates to the entire center as to what I see God is doing in prison as a result of their prayers. The following is what I shared.
It's working... Your prayers are being answered!
Because of your prayers... last time a young (20 something) woman came into our prison service. She had tattoos with occult symbols on her arms, she told the woman sitting next to her she didn't believe in God. She had a strange darkness around her face as she cried throughout the beginning of the service. I do not know why she was crying... but what I did see was Jesus reveal Himself to her.
Because of your prayers... towards the end of the service, I shared about the "scales" falling off of Saul's (Paul's) eyes when he had an encounter with Jesus. It was like a lightbulb went off for her. I then gave everyone an opportunity to receive Christ as their Savior. When I looked up after the prayer, she looked completely different. It was like she could literally see again. The darkness disappeared and she was smiling. I was told by another inmate, she believes she received Christ as her Savior.
Because of your prayers... this hurting woman crossed over from the chains of the occult, from hell and damnation, to eternal life in heaven. Can we even begin to absorb the divine impact of this? Pray she returns and has a thirst for Christ.
Countless prayers are answered...
- We started with 25 inmates coming to our services ten years ago and now we have upwards of 200 inmates and two back to back services.
- We used to praise God with a CD and small boom box, now we have a team of 40 who rotate coming into prison with a full band.
- A inmate on BSF sharing day in prison, shared she received Christ during one of our church services and then fell in love with Jesus through studying His word in BSF.
- Another woman shared our Church services and Wednesday night Bible studies have impacted her faith dramatically and has changed her life.
- One woman who was in for multiple murders received one of our prayer letters, confessed her sins and gave her life over to Christ.
What God is doing in prison is nothing short of a revival! HALLELUJAH! Please continue to pray that the enemy is bound and God empowers all of us to BOLDLY proclaim the Gospel...
- Over 150 inmates have been baptized (full immersion) because of your prayers.
For I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew. then for the Gentile. For in the Gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: "The righteousness will live by faith."
The Seniors clapped, cheered... even shouted "Hallelujah and AMEN!"
"Our God is an awesome God he reigns from heaven above with wisdom, power, and might. Our God is an awesome God!"
MAY I ENCOURAGE YOU, DON'T MISS THE OPPORTUNITY TO USE THESE PRAYER WARRIORS IN THEIR SENIOR YEARS!
(Please see the follow-up post on the responses of the inmates to the Seniors support.)