I'm confessing openly to all, that I am weak and unable to save myself.
I resonate with Paul when he says in Romans 7:15:
Because, I am currently under attack from the enemy in my personal life. As miserable as this is, I do not want to miss the learning application of the trial for myself, as well as learning from this life experience as a teaching tool for the inmates.
- For my time and preparation - that God would speak through me using scripture and role-playing.
- That the Holy Spirit will take this broad topic and make it understandable and applicable to their lives.
- That I will have God's heart and love others like He does. (I am a work in progress with this one.)
- That the inmates will attend and invite friends and the auditorium will be full to the brim. Pray for attentive listening and no prison disruptions.
- Boldly, let's lift these inmate's up to God, asking they will believe deep in their hearts they are accountable and will give an account to Christ for the deeds done in the body... whether good or bad. (2 Corinthians 5:10)
- Pray this message will motivate them to faithful living in Christ.
- (Then there is the judgment topic... I am working on as well.) Please pray they will not become judgmental over other's as a result of this message but instead be filled with mercy and grace.
- The Holy Spirit will remove the chains of unbelief and the enemy will be bound.
- Many will invite Jesus to be their Savior.
- I am praying BIG... That this message will change all of our lives.
What about the prostitutes, the robbers, the murderers and the outcasts of society?
It doesn't matter how "good" you are, none of us is worthy. What we lack is the righteousness that God requires for entry into heaven. We all fall short compared to God's righteousness. Impossible!
Jesus is waiting... for you to pursue Him, for you to invite HIm into your life. When you confess and believe Jesus paid the price for your sins by dying on the cross... Jesus supernaturally exchanges your sins for His white robes of righteousness. The chains of sin's power are released from your life... forever!
So how about you, what will you experience at the judgment seat of Christ? Is your name written in the Book of Life? Will you be seeing Christ as your Judge or your Savior? Together, let's spur one another on to look in the mirror and really ask ourselves, "Am I daily living my life with God's eternal vision in mind?"
It is not too late to be freed from the penalty of "Guilty as charged."